Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Are-nuld Palm-urr

In the last few months, my husband has changed his normal restaurant drink of choice from Diet Coke to half sweet tea and half lemonade. This drink, as you probably know, is referred to as an Arnold Palmer.


The problem is... bless his sweet heart, Matt can. not. say, "Arnold Palmer." Each time the waitress/waiter asks him, "Can I get you something to drink?" I cringe. In my mind I'm silently begging, "Please just say half tea, half lemonade. Please! Don't try to say it. Don't try--. Oh, he tried. And now he has to say it again because they didn't understand a word of it. No one could! Pretend to text, Ang. Just pretend to text."

But instead of trying to explain, cue the YouTube video.



See!! I'm so glad he is such a good sport. We laugh a LOT in this house, but tonight, it was the roll-on-the-floor kind of laughing. In fact, it got so bad that the kids came in to see what we were doing. I pointed the camera at Estella Dru, and was shocked at the result. I'm afraid genetics may play a role.



Turns out, the two-year-old can say it better than anyone in the house.



If you're wondering about Belle's attempt, she was having none of it. The girl is still traumatized over her "gift certificate" attempts and ultimate failures. Click here for that blast from the past of Slaughter history. Makes me smile every time... and sort of cringe.

11 comments:

Steph said...

OK, now that is funny!!! I have got to start filming Paul and the kids when I try and have them say words. Love it, the kids are so adorable!!

Boni Williamson said...

this is hilarious! I have got to stop reading your blog at work...everyone wonders why I am laughing so hard in my office alone!

Nel said...

Oh how funny. Your hubby is such a good sport!

until next time... nel

Joann said...

Poor Matt...lol...I do the same thing with Wayne, every time he tried to order the Mexican dessert Sopaipillas it always came out as Sophia's. Also, at Sonic he requests Maryanna sauce instead of Marinara. I laugh so hard, but have to admit it can be a little embarrassing at times....lol

Sara Neufeld said...

oh my word! he cannot say the word Arnold!!! oh, Matt is a hoot!

Bettina said...

I can't wait to watch the video's at home, dang work computer!!

Sarah Fries said...

Poor things! And to think they have a sister/aunt that is a speech-therapist! I"m worthless!

Aimee Bryan said...

You guys are SO funny! It's awesome to see a family have so much fun together. Love the videos!

Joy Junktion said...

Can I come live with you? I need to laugh:)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I clicked over here from the BlogHer link on my blog and I am laughing SO hard. Thanks for that!

Is your husband still speaking to you after posting that video? (ha! he's a good sport!)

Almost as funny is my friend in Georgia who got Arnold Palmer confused and asked the lady in Chick-Fil-A for a Paul Newman. My husband and I were cackling forEVER about that one.

So...are you from Arkansas? I'm an Arkansas girl but live in CO now.

SZM said...

so funny! What a great sport your hubby is!