Recent Posts

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Quick Wall Filler

I had a big wall I needed to fill with something and only $20 to spend. (Sigh.) It was time to get creative. Well, sort of. This project was super easy, and I don't know how many creative juices were flowing.

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a 50% off, damaged frame. While there, I found a cool decorative ball and used my 40% off gift certificate they send you online. And just like that I spent my $20. (Another sigh.)

So I called Matt's mom (aka, Gigi) and asked if she had any smaller frames she wasn't using. She did, and Jeb and I went over to get them. After nearly killing herself with falling boxes, Gigi dug around in a closet and found me several frames. Sweet. (Thanks for risking your life, Gigi.)

I came home, got out some ribbon, my new purchases, and used frames and pulled this together.

I love surrounding myself in beach pictures. That one of the girls is my favorite. Such sweet sisters...

2 comments:

Aimee Bryan said...

onitWhere do you keep finding room for all these great projects? You are so full of great ideas. I LOVE using empty frames, we have several "one of a kind" frame hangings too. It's lovely and the pix are GREAT! Keep em coming!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love that idea!

I'm actually looking for an odd size frame. Maybe I should try Hobby Lobby for a damaged one! Good tip!