Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Gift Certificate"

Not long ago, the girls and I were watching America's Funniest Videos. On the this particular episode, a dad told his kid to say, "gift certificate." The kid could NOT do it. Belle is just like her Aunt Sarah (who by the way is a SPEECH PATHOLOGIST) when it comes to AFV and literally laughs her head off. Belle thought the little girl having so much trouble saying something was hysterical. So, after she composes herself, I say. "That little girl was silly. You girls can say 'gift certificate'." Their response... was horrifying. MY KIDS CAN NOT SAY "GIFT CERTIFICATE"! Is it universal or what? I was literally speechless.

Anyway... it's so funny, I had to get it on film. Please excuse their appearance. I had just picked them up from a long day at school, so they're looking pretty rough. But here you go... The Slaughter girls attempting to say to the ever-challenging words, "gift certificate."




13 comments:

Carolynn said...

I love it! That is too cute:-) Emma can't say forehead--it always comes out headfore:-) I think it's too cute to correct, so most of the time I don't:-) Thanks for sharing--that gave me a good laugh for the day:-)

Ross and Lisa Green said...

We also saw that episode a while back; so I too, quizzed the girls...neither one of them could say it, and Mary Grace usually has impeccable enunciation. ;)

Sara Neufeld said...

Okay, that is hilarious and so stinkin' cute! I am going to try that on the kids this afternoon. By the way we watch AFV every sunday night and Avery laughs his head off.

Sharon said...

That is TOO funny! I can't wait to pick Lindsey up from school and ask her to say it!! :) Thanks for the laugh!

Daniel & Gretchen Miller said...

Thanks for the laugh. I was having a hard day and read your current and previous posts and just laughed and laughed. Thanks for being the bright spot in my day.

Jill said...

I made Rachel try it, too. :) Don't you know every parent who reads this is going to ask their child to say that! Dru cracks me up. That little girls speech is precious! I love to hear her talk.

Sarah Fries said...

I'm a failure as an aunt!!!

Dawayne and Courtney said...

Ok. So, when you told me to check the blog about the girls today I wasn't going to make it a priority. But, obviously I chose to do so. Hilarious, love them! They kill me...Sorry, but Dru's is my favorite. Ha, see ya tomorrow. Maybe we can practice on that "big" word tomorrow

The Jordon Family said...

Ok, that cracks me up!! I did make Micayla say it and it was sooo funny!! She said gift cer --- and paused with a very serious/funny face, so I said it again to her and she said it, not correctly but she did say it.. it was funny! Then she said, Why ??
too funny!
I just had to see...

Josh and Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Kate said...

That is hilarious! After watching your girls, I also turned right around and asked Peyton to say gift certificate and it obviously did not come out the way it should have. He then said, "that word is not working for me today." Kids are so funny.

Superchikk said...

I love it. It makes me long for C to talk even more!

And I love Peyton's response. That is priceless!

Joy Junktion said...

So cute, cute, cute!!!