Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Surprises, surprises everywhere

It is only Tuesday, but shaping up to be a week of surprises in the Slaughter house. It is not uncommon for my girls to leave me little 'surprises' throughout the day. For example, yesterday, Estella Dru left me a silly band on my glasses before leaving for school. She strategically placed it somewhere she knew I'd be going soon. And the first thing she asked when I saw her after school was, "Did you get it?" I knew what she meant, and I was wearing it for her. (Not sure why she chose an orange whale, but let's move on....)

This morning, I opened the cabinet for a bowl of cereal, and found this, her first assignment of kindergarten. Now if that's not sweet, I don't know what is.

BUT, there were other surprises that were not so sweet.

Fooooooooor example. This morning, I got out my meter to prick my finger before breakfast. I don't know what the little device I use is called, but you dial it to a number intensity (aka how far you want the needle to stick out), on a scale of 1 through 9. You then push a little button, and a small needle shoots out like a little gun and pricks your finger. Sounds scary, but you get used to it. I barely even feel it anymore. UNLESS... someone changes the number setting without your knowledge from 3 all the way up to 9!!!! I pricked my finger this morning and literally fell onto the floor, wailing. I then noticed that the needle was out so far it probably hit bone. (That might be a little dramatic.) But let's just say I had enough blood to check my blood sugar ten times plus.

After, I went into the bathroom only to discover this....


I'm choosing to believe that this, along with the needle thing, was completely accidental and that no one is actually sending me clandestine messages that they are out to get me. But this is freaky, right? You know it is.

Surprises or not, I'm working on a fun project today that involves a big, empty wall and a nice, big something to fill it! Stay tuned! (If I live that long.)

6 comments:

Superchikk said...

Ha! (Not to the needle thing, but to the Barbie thing.) I love it. Your girls are so sweet!

Joann said...

Was the hanging Barbie a girl thing or a JEB thing? LOL! Love the post today, better check your dial for your needle every morning for a while :))

Kate Spears said...

bless your heart! i'm cracking up over the suicidal mermaid, but sorry you had to injure yourself in the meantime. my dad has ms and he gets a little shot sort of like that everyday....i didn't understand about the needle # until your post. it makes sense now! happy tuesday lovebug!

Gretchen said...

Oh my word! I chuckled at picturing you wailing on the floor over the needle prick, then i saw the mermaid...I was laughing out loud so hard Caden came running from the other room and asked me what was so funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Guillen said...

I sure hope that when I have children they are as sweet as yours, minus the Barbie-hanging incident. I will never look at a Barbie the same way. LOL.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Yep. FREAKY!