Recent Posts

Friday, June 11, 2010

My New Accessory

So, I guess it's no secret. I turned 35 this year. For the record, I certainly don't feel 35. I'm not ashamed to say that most of the time, I totally lie about my age and get away with it. The other day at the endocrinologist's office, I told the lady my birthday date, and she questioned me. I asked her to be my best friend. Anyway, this year, I thought about doing something wild for my birthday. I'm pretty straight-laced. Fun, but conservative... a rule follower to say the least. Not really daring. Ok, not even a little daring. But for my birthday, my 35th birthday, I wanted to step outside the box.

I considered a tattoo, but soon realized I'm too big of a chicken. I had my belly button pierced before I had my babies, but the thought of re-doing it... not so much. Possibly a tongue ring? Those are cool, right? Right? Still, nothing clicked.

I almost gave up before I finally settled on a solution--something that finally worked for me. Something I think is WAY cool and I'm certain is going to change my life. And yes, it involved needles.

Ready...

Like it??? Ok, so I totally DID NOT get a lip ring. For the record, I think it's awesome, but again... boc, boc. I'm a chicken.

But I did do this....

I am now the proud wearer of an Omnipod insulin pump. If you can't tell from the pictures, it's on my back, down low on the right. I went for training today and am fully hooked up and official. So far, so good. I can already see how this is going to make things easier and better for me in dealing with Type 1. Plus, I think it's way cool. Not quite the coolness quality of a lip ring, but close.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

You are so funny! You totally had me for a second. I was like ok if she can do that then so can I! Not sure what Mrs. Foley would have to say about the school nurse having a lip ring though! Good luck with the omnipod. I've heard great things about it. Come by after we get back to school. I would love to see how it works. I'm not real familiar with them.

Sara @ It's Good to be Queen said...

oh my i about freaked out!!!

The Jordon Family said...

OK, you had me big time for a minute..
I have to say you rock the new omnipod! I'm glad you found something easier to deal with. That all together has to make you feel better.

Chris said...

Ok, so no lip ring, how about a tatoo by the insulin pump? That should be a designer pump! One of a kind! Unique! LOL, you crack me up! Have I missed a blog on why you have to go to a pump?

Joy Junktion said...

So totally thought you did the lip ring thing...almost popped my eyeballs right out of their sockets:)

You will LOVE that new accessory! I have heard wonderful things from friend who wear/use one! It truly can change your life.

Blessings