Recent Posts

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Peer Pressure


Ok... I admit it. I have succumb to peer pressure. All my close friends have blogs, so I have no choice in the matter, right? Sort of like Swatch watches in 7th grade? Everyone HAD to have one, PLUS those ridiculous rubber, watch face protectors. Well, pressured or not, the Slaughter family now has a blog site that I hope to keep updated at least weekly. Maybe more after the novel I've been writing for 2 1/2 years now!!!! gets completed. (Cross your fingers I can manage that BEFORE Baby Jeb arrives in February.) Published or not, COMPLETION is my biggest goal for the novel. This has been a long and often bumpy climb and one that has taught me a lot about myself. Hopefully you'll have the chance to read it someday.

As for the rest of the Slaughter crew, Matt is enjoying Shiloh and looks forward to its exciting future. Belle (not just likes, but) LOVES K-4. I don't think God has ever answered a prayer so out-right and in my face as when He dropped in our lap the opportunity for our girls to attend Shiloh. It's amazing, and when I take a step back and look over my shoulder, it's almost unbelievable. Then there's Estella Dru... my three-year-old with attitude. She can't wait for next year to be able to go to school where "Sissy" goes. My girls are so smart and so sweet. I'm humbled to be their mommy.

Jeb Sullivan is supposed to make his grand debut on February 25. I'm having a tough time with my gestational diabetes. Tonight my blood sugar level was 252. It's SUPPOSED to be below 120. Pray that I can get this under control with diet and nothing more serious, especially shots or anything remotely having to do with needles.

Well, there is it. My very first blog posting. I feel like I'm part of the cool crowd now. I'm sporting my Swatch watch.

4 comments:

Josh and Kate said...

Welcome to the "Cool Crowd." We love you guys.

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

SO excited!!! It's about time! Love the pic of your girls.

Sharon said...

WELCOME! The picture of your girls is beautiful! Glad you are now in the cool crowd with the rest of us! :) Miss you!

Sara Neufeld said...

Hey! I'm excited to have another blog to stalk. ;)