Recent Posts

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fun, Yummy Homemade Gifts

Today and tomorrow I am handing out Christmas gifts to the kids' teachers and a few of Matt's co-workers.

I think my favorite gifts we're giving are bottles of homemade chocolate sauce and caramel sauce. It looks so cute, and of course, it's crazy yummy.


If you don't have any favorite homemade recipes for the sauces, I totally would keep it between us if you opened up some store-bought and dumped it right in the cute little bottles. No. one. would. ever. know. (Except Jesus.) P.S. The bottles are half off at Hobby Lobby right now for less than a $1.

Also, Matt's mom (aka Gigi) helped me make her amazing caramel pecan popcorn to use as gifts. You might think you have a good caramel popcorn recipe, but I promise.... it's not as good as this one. Sorry if that hurts. Facts are facts.


I'll share the recipe tomorrow. Did you make any homemade goodies this year?

5 comments:

Superchikk said...

I used to always make homemade gifts for our Student workers and co-workers. But then it kinda got out of hand because there were so many. My favorites were the hot chocolate mix, cookie mix, and cinnamon pancake mix. But the sauces? Um, I'm definitely going to have to try those!

Carolynn said...

Strawberry and pumpkin breads, and mini-brownies with caramel kisses. I have also made puppy chow and fudge:)

The Young Family said...

Yes...reindeer pops...compliments of Mrs. Angela Slaughter! Ava took them to her friends at school today. Love, love, love all your cutesy ideas!!!

Kate Spears said...

looks amazing! i love homemade gifts like this....although i haven't gotten any so far. maybe i'll make some for myself! xoxo

Michelle said...

Just found your blog and I'm a new follower! Will you be sharing the sauce recipes?