Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I HEART SP

Clearly I do this blog thing for fun. I know there are some blogs out there that use their voice to loudly declare their controversial ideas and views on certain topics. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place to take a stand, but a stand should be taken wisely and not merely for the purpose of taking it. That being said, every once in a while, I foolishly give in and go read such blogs just to see how mad it can make me. For example, a certain author of a somewhat popular Christian blog (that shall remain nameless) uses her venue to champion the cause of her opinions on such issues as child immunizations, certain aspects of child rearing, certain types of birth control.... The writer is extremely passionate about these issues (not that it's bad to be passionate) but somewhat critical of those who do not adhere to her beliefs. At one point, I summoned up the courage to leave a comment (although I did it as "Anonymous"... I didn't say I'm not a big fat chicken), to which she promptly commented back and put me squarely in my place. I'll be honest. It hurt. In one fell swoop, she indirectly questioned my Christianity and knowledge of the issue I had taken offense to. At that point, I gracefully bowed out of the comment fight, reminded myself that we all have the right to an opinion, and vented my frustrations to Matt. It sort of went something like this, "Who does she think she is? Does SHE wanna talk education? No, I do NOT think she wants to talk education. I'll talk education! And how long has SHE been saved? 9 years old right here, Buddy. 9 years old at church camp. Oh yeah, I said church camp. Does she think she's writing the gospel? Because let me tell you... there is only one of those, and last I checked, she wasn't one of the authors." In short, blogs like that sort of bother me... which in turn, bother Matt.

SO... that being said, I hesitate to post anything on my blog that throws an opinion of mine in anyone's face who may disagree with my point of view. I do hold strong opinions on many issues, but this blog is not and will never be the venue to debate such. It is, however, about what's going on with me, and tonight, what's going on with me is that I simply cannot curb my enthusiasm. I apologize in advance if this offends anyone, but here goes...

I *HEART*

10 comments:

Robyn said...

Now you have me curious about what blog you are talking about :) I would never be brave enough to leave a comment about something controversial--you're no chicken in my book!

Joy Junktion said...

Good job!
I feel the same way!!!

April, Steve & Lowery said...

I'm with you! I watched her speech last night and am feeling good about this woman God has put in this position. No one is perfect (don't I know it) but I think she has a lot to offer. We need her! Maybe we should campaign. . . Ha! And as for your comment on the "unspecified" blog, I'm backin' ya! Come with some 9 year old church camp!

Superchikk said...

Ha! I love it.

I know the feeling - I try to keep ministry and politics out of my blog. Not because I don't want to talk about it or have opinions (Lord only knows!), but because I need a break from it sometimes. And if I'm reading "those" blogs or writing about it, that's not taking a break!

That being said, I heart Sarah Palin too!

Annie said...

Paul seconds that.

Annie hates WORD VERIFICATIONS! This will be my 4th attempt at typing it in correctly!

Jill said...

Big fat ditto to everything you just wrote!

FosterFrenzy said...

"It was 1980-somethin..."

Olivia Grace said...

You Go Girl!! I would love to read that blog.

Unknown said...

Now I need to know what blog that was. You better email me and tell me. :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I LOVE Sarah Palin. Isabelle has been telling all her friends about her, too.

Will you e-mail me the name of the blog you are referring to? I have a few on my Do Not Read list b/c they get so nasty, but of course I read them anyway. They always get me worked up and I regret it, though. Oh well.

Jeb is getting so big. He is so adorable (and the girls, of course).