Recent Posts

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crying over spilled formula


For anyone having to buy baby formula, you know it costs five gazillion dollars a can. (No, I'm not a breast-feeder. Yes, I know I'm going to hell for it, so please no don't leave me a comment and remind me of my impending fate.) So today I was already having a difficult day. I go to make Jeb a bottle and drop the entire can of powdered gold onto the floor. I spent the next 15 minutes delicately pinching up every last bit I could that I thought hadn't touched the floor and putting it back into the can. Then I looked into the can and noticed two cat hairs and an unidentified black speck. Arrrggh! I gave up and threw the entire thing into the trash. The next 5 minutes I spent weeping on my kitchen floor. I'm better now and can almost laugh about it. Almost. (And yes, darn it, I took a picture.)

10 comments:

The Black's said...

I feel your pain, and I'm sorry you've had a rough morning! Hang in there!

Boni Williamson said...

If you are going to hell for not breast feeding, I will see you there. I just couldn't do it with either of my girls! And yes...formula is in a gold can with gold wrapping for a reason!

Joy Junktion said...

Hey, at least it's lipil and not nutramagin!
I have a better story about an awful day that I'll need to post sometime, but it's about a dog, a can of blue paint, spaghetti O's and a suit.
I'll pray your day goes better.

FosterFrenzy said...

Now this mother would have simply picked the two cat hairs out. You know you did. Dont lie. I mean, if you are already going to hell..............

Angela said...

Good point. But no, I honestly threw it away. I wasn't 100% sure the speck wasn't poop or a bug, so I didn't want to take a chance. Darn those specks.

Sharon said...

Great story! I love that you like to capture all the moments with your camera as I like to do! Martha makes fun of me for always having it around!

I hope you had a better rest of the day!

Superchikk said...

I don't blame you for crying. But I have to agree with fosterfrenzy...I probably would've picked that stuff out and just used it anyway.

April, Steve & Lowery said...

So sorry, yes you are right in that wasting a can of that stuff makes you see dollar signs rolling in your mind. As far as breastfeeding, let's just say you'll have me as a companion in the lake of fire!

James and Shanna said...

Why does that stick messy stuff have to cost so much anyway? I would have been a little grouchy too.

Ross and Lisa Green said...

On a happy note, be grateful it isn't $215.00 a can like Abigail's super-duper expensive hypoallergenic all man-made formula. Man-made...kinda goes against everything we believe in huh?!? And yes...I have spilled an entire can as well! ;)