Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Drusy's Big Day

Today is Estella Dru's first day of school. She has been waiting for this day since Belle started k-4 last year and was so excited to leave in Daddy's Barbie truck today. I was so happy for her. The skill we had to master was writing her whole name for school. She was really good at Dru , but I wanted her to write Estella Dru. She can do it well if I'm speaking the letters over her, and she does ok if she does it alone... just leaves a letter out or puts one somewhere random on the page. I'm so proud of my girls. It's just me and Jeb and his two new teeth today. Sigh.

(By the way... those backpacks are specified on their school supply list. I wouldn't voluntarily get my kids backpacks bigger than they are!)




8 comments:

Josh and Kate said...

Looks like Dru is so happy to go to school with her big sis finally. I can't believe they make them wear those huge backpacks! I think those things would swollow you and I also. They still looks cute though and I love the pink. Have fun with Jeb today!

The Jordon Family said...

We saw Matt and the girls in the hall at school, they were so cute! Dru was just smiling so big when I talked to her.. Her Belle and Dru were all checking out each others backpacks, cause they all matched... they thought that was neat.. They are HUGE !!
I may have to take you up on keep Jeb for a day, to get over my quiet depression :).. Have a great day !!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute in their matching huge backpacks!! And Jeb is so adorable!! I'm looking forward to seeing him at Oak Grove church sometime!!
I'm also very curious to see what Matt's "Barbie" truck looks like!!
Hope you have a great day!!

Nate and Alicia Brown said...

Kate is already asking to go to school too. She will love going with Will. The girls look cute (as always!) Aren't you glad that now they can have regular bags...of course, I didn't find that out until we already had the lovely clear bag! :) Oh, well. I'm sure Jeb is enjoying the extra one on one time. Have fun!

Unknown said...

What in the world are you doing with yourself with just one baby at home?!
Those backpacks are hilarious! :)

Chris said...

Just think, you send your beautiful children to teachers (like you use to be)who luvs them! But the backpacks, seem a little extreme! LOL..Maybe those lil angels will grow to fit the packs. Did they take after you my friend?

Sharon said...

Wow! Those backpacks are big... the girls look cute and SOOOO grown up! :(

Jill said...

Those backpacks are ridiculous!! I just saw the Kennedy's backpacks and cracked up! They are monsterous! :) It will definitely be something to look back on with a giggle as they get older.