Recent Posts

Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello, 2011.

I am trying to get back into the groove of things after the long break. Anyone else know the feeling?

My girlies and Matt went back to school/work today. While I thought I would enjoy getting our routine back... just me and Jeb... I miss them.

I have a lot of things on my plate. Good things. This blog being one of them. I hope to improve its look, not to mention content, in 2011. (Last month, I had the highest number of visits and views I've ever had. THANK YOU. Sincerely. THANK YOU.)

2010, for me, was a year of crazy, insane changes and revelations. (Some of those revelations I haven't spoken about yet but hope to be able to very soon.) The story God wrote for me in 2010 is one that I couldn't have written in the pages of a novel. Who would have guessed a year that began with me discovering I had Type 1 diabetes--a year that began with me feeling so broken I couldn't imagine healing finding me--would prove to be one of the most amazing years of my life. I can't imagine what He can do in 2011, but He can do something even bigger. And I'm trusting Him for it. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve the air He gives me to breathe, but I'm trusting Him for bigger things. Every time I think He must be done with me, He moves in a way that leaves me with my jaw dropped.

But since this is a time of discussions about resolutions and goals, I will share one. Sorry. It's pretty generic.

In 2011, I want to..... get in great shape. (See? I told you. Generic.)

In June, Matt and I will have been married 10 years. (Crazy, I know.) We are planning a vacation to a beach somewhere. (He's being fairly shady about the whole thing. I'm going to have to do some serious sneaking to get to the bottom of it.) Anyway... we have decided to work hard and see how close we can get to our ten-years-ago-"honeymoon"-bodies. I told him it's not quite fair. I'm the one who's carried three children. But it will be fun to put in the time and effort and see how we've done in June.

I also wanted to post my favorite picture from 2010. And wouldn't you know it? It's a grainy shot from an iPhone, I think. This was taken just as Matt and I got off the plane from our mission trip to Brazil--one of the most life-changing events from my 2010. Seeing these girls for the first time in over a week... wow. It's a take-my-breath-away moment.

Do you have a take-your-breath-away moment from 2010? Or a New Year's Resolution you'd like to share? I would love to read about it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a great photo! Happy 2011 --- can't wait to follow your journey :)

Kate Spears said...

I'm looking oh so forward to the excitement that 2011 holds for you and the family! Thank you for allowing us to be part of it via blogland! Love ya muchly!

SZM said...

Love that photo!