Recent Posts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A few of my favorite things....

I love Christmas. Of course, we celebrate Baby Jesus. But also at Christmas.... I get stuff. Really cool stuff. Once-a-year-kind of stuff. I wait for Christmas like a kid. I. Love. Christmas.

I shared one of my favorite things here. (My husband couldn't have done better.) But I have a few more favorites worth sharing... in no certain order.

This is another one from Matt. (I'm telling you... he was on his game.)A CHI Ultra straightening iron. A lifesaver for me and this naturally wavy/frizzy/yuck hair. I had a CHI ultra, but sadly, it died on me last summer. Ever since I have been using a regular CHI. They are great, too, but simply don't heat up enough to give me the look I need. Plus... it's pink. Perfection. By the way, we picked this up at Ulta. They usually have great deals in the store, and if you sign up for their mailing list, they send you even better ones.

Another one of my favorite gifts came from Matt's mom. I have been needing some tall, brown boots, and she surprised me with these on Christmas morning.

I could not love them more. They are called Nicole 'Buster', and you can get them for a decent price over at Amazon. My favorite story about these boots.... Estella Dru and I were in Market Place, and she looked at me and said, "Mama, I just cannot stop starin' at your boots. Those things are rockin' hot, Girl." And they sort of are.

Another gift from Gigi which has been SO great is this little zip bag from Fossil.

I always hated pulling out my diabetes testing things at restaurant tables in the little black medical-like, hospital-ish bag I was using. This bag is the perfect size to hold all my testing stuff, and it's so stinkin' cute. If you have a diabetic friend, this would make the. perfect. gift. Here's a link.

Did you get a "favorite thing" for Christmas?

4 comments:

Tire Swing Mom said...

I love the Fossil bag. I was going to ask for a purse from them for Christmas but thought I would hold off because I had a sneaking suspicion that someone may have already bought me another one. I was right.

My daughter got a pair of boots very similar to yours from Santa last year and loves them.

Enjoy your goodies!

Michelle said...

I got the exact same Chi for Christmas a few years ago and LOVE it!
This year I got a Shark steam mop and it's made my life so much easier. I love useful gadgets like that :)

Kelsey said...

Love those boots! And the CHI Ultra, can't live without mine either!! I love that line of Fossil bags, so cute!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My daughter had a friend sleep over on Saturday and her friend is a diabetic. She has a pump and had to change her site that night. She gave me a tutorial and walked me thru the whole thing. She's so brave.

Anyway, it made me think of you.

And my daughter got a Chi for Christmas. Not a Chi Ultra though. I didn't know there were different Chi levels. I have a Turbo Chi. I LOVE it. Have had one for 9 years and my husband will keep buying them for me because I don't complain about my hair anymore. They're AWESOME.