Matt and I completed the girls' dresser project today. I had given them an old dresser of mine last year. (And when I say old, I mean, I bought it from Wal-Mart in '98 old.) The drawers finally became completely non-functional, and the girls couldn't even open them. I just could not bring myself to pay $200-something for a new dresser, so Matt and I set out to make this one work.
We threw out the old drawers and made new swinging ones with a fabric back. Inside are nice, big storage crates for their stuff. So, for around $25 (as opposed to $200-something) the girls have a new, super cute place for their stuff... with doors they can open.
High five, Husband.
4 days ago