1.) I still have not finished Jeb's nap mat. He has taken an ugly, plastic mat to school with him every day for 3 weeks now with the words, "Belle Slaughter" written in sharpie in the corner. I am ashamed. When he finds out it's not ready again tomorrow, he's gonna be TICKED!
2.) Today in the Chic-fil-a drive thru, I was tempted to ask for a large drink for the price of a medium. I mean... if I was IN the restaurant, I would drink my drink, then go back for a refill. But since I am in the drive thru, and clearly won't be there to get refilled for free, it makes total sense. Right? Right?
3.) I stood up from the bathtub this morning and felt something stuck to my bootie. (That's what we say in this house, ok? Bootie.) It was gum. A big ol' wad of chewed up Hubba Bubba. We are now under a gum ban.
4.) On Friday, Estella Dru has her stick horse rodeo at school. I am checking and double-checking to make SURE it is, indeed, Friday. See here for why I might be a tad paranoid.
5.) Yesterday my husband won Employee of the Quarter at his quarterly luncheon. Just a few of the things that were said of him:
· makes everyone they meet feel welcome and valued.
· is the definition of “relational” and they use these relationships to minister to others.
· has an outstanding attitude about their job, their co-workers, their Church, & our people.
· You can trust this employee – to do the right thing – to do what they say they will do – and to tell the truth.
· is Christ-like in their behavior and attitudes.
· has helped lead our school to achieve its highest enrollment in 9 years.
· Everyone wants this employee on their team - especially during a golf event.
· He is a very talented individual that again serves others and does so with a great heart.
· He teaches a small group and sometimes leads chapel service – all with great confidence and in Truth.
· He represents us all very well and he represents our Savior well.
I'm shocked they didn't list incredibly handsome and smokin' hot, but oh well. I am BEYOND proud of him. I am well aware of his crazy awesomeness and SO happy for him. Have I mentioned he is the love of my life lately? Wow. He so is.
6.) Y'all, getting a book published is HARD! So I haven't actually sent anything out yet, but I've been reading information like a maniac and putting together proposals. But wow. It's nearly impossible to get your foot in the door. I am praying for a miracle--that is, if that's what God has for me. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed the other day. I reached for my Bible and prayed for Him to talk to me. When I opened it, this verse was staring me down. Hold on to your hats. This one might just blow you away. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith and if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. Hebrews 10 35-38.
7.) I made muffins today. Lots of muffins. If you like pecan pie, you need to stop what you're doing and make these right now. They are SO yummy. I swiped the recipe from a Pioneer Woman site. Five ingredients, y'all: flour, brown sugar, eggs, butter, pecans. Five ingredients to heaven. SUCH an awesome, easy treat for the fall. Go here for the recipe. (FYI: I used a mini muffin pan for little bite-sized jewels.)
8.) I never say anything about comments left by my readers, but let me say now... I SO appreciate every single person who takes a second out of their day to read this blog. I love to write. I love to share my family. I love to share my faith. I love to share my life. And so, this blog is an awesome way for me to do all that. Please know I am overwhelmed when just one person tells me they visit this site. Honestly. Overwhelmed. Thank you so so much.
3 days ago