Recent Posts

Monday, May 3, 2010

Early Mother's Day Gift

Mother's Day is just around the corner, and me being the not-too-shy-to-tell-Matt-exactly-what-I-want kind of girl, I did just that. Don't get me wrong--extravagant, I am not. But I have been wanting a necklace with my kids' initials for like... ever. Problem was, they were just too pricey, and I couldn't bring myself to ask for one. UNTIL... I came across this link on one of the blogs I really like. I sent my sweet husband a message that said, (I am cutting and pasting from the email, uncapitalized letters and all....), "This is what I want for mother's day. make it." I may need to work on my subtlety. Truth be told, I was half kidding.

But he did make it!


I absolutely LOVE it, and I almost cried when he gave it to me. The only problem is, I have to be careful to make sure the letters are in the correct position: B, E, J. If backwards, it spells, JEB!! And while I love that little guy, mommy doesn't play favorites!

4 comments:

Joy Junktion said...

What a sweet (and obedient) man you are married to:)

Enjoy your precious gift!

Aimee Bryan said...

That is SO sweet! What a brave husband you have that will do (or try) ANYTHING to make his family happy! Happy early Mother's Day.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Wow! I am impressed! Sometimes we have to be direct when dealing with them. I know my husband appreciates it when I don't make him guess about things :). They turned out great. I am so glad you love them. Thanks for the link too! You have a beautiful family.

Erica said...

Love it! Happy Mother's Day!!