Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Here Comes Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day week. Bittersweet for me. A precious friend of mine whose mother is also in Heaven sent me a text this week. It said, "Lonely life without a mom. Isn't it?" My response, "It sort of sucks." Yes, I have SO MUCH to be thankful for in my life, and BELIEVE ME, I am. But I'm just being honest, doing life without your mother... it does... it sort of sucks.

Last night Estella Dru and I had been talking a little bit about Grandma, "Memaw" to her. A few hours later when I went to tuck her in bed and pray with her, she was wiping tears away. When I asked her what was wrong, this is what she said, "Mommy, I know Memaw loved me when I was a baby, but I wanted to see her when I grew up." Whew. Brings tears to my eyes even as I write it.

She is still so loved, even by a little girl who has no real memory of her, but will, for the rest of her life, be affected by the legacy of Iva Burris. Estella may not remember her, but that child feels loved by her. She truly, truly feels it in her precious little heart. For me, that is absolutely incredible.





1 comments:

Joann said...

Oh my goodness, it brought tears to my eyes too Angela. I also lost my Ma Ma back in 2002 and I would give just about anything to be able to see her beautiful face and tell her about my Granddaughters. I love & miss her every single day of my life. She was really more of a Mom to me than my own ever was & I am so thankful for God letting me have her for the years he did. Bless you this week Angela!