Recent Posts

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Sunday

Mother's Day 2010 has been wonderful. As soon as I got out of bed, I noticed a vase full of beautiful flowers waiting for me. After church Matt took us to the U of A for Mommy/Kiddos pictures. It was fun, but we did more playing than picture taking! After lunch at the restaurant of my choice, my sweet family took me to Orange Mango for dessert. YUM. We came home, and Matt took care of the kids so I could have some quiet time to write--something I ALWAYS long for and seldom achieve. And tonight, I get to pick dinner and dessert all over AGAIN! I do believe there is a chocolate mess in my future.

I miss Grandma today, but have already had her with me. As we were trying to rush out the door, I noticed a hole in my sweater. I told Matt to wait on me. I ran to the sewing machine and sewed it back together in less than a minute. As I was walking out the door, I couldn't help but smile. Grandma taught me to sew when I was still in grade school, and just like that, she showed up for me on Mother's Day.



3 comments:

Aimee Bryan said...

The pix are great. You and your family are a wonderful example. Hope your evening is as fun! Wonderful words about your gma!

Joy Junktion said...

Aren't grandma's great! I pray that my grandchildren have special memories of me when they grow up:)
Happy Momma's Day!
Love the pics of you and your sweet ones!

Sarah Ward said...

Looks like you had a great day! You are one wonderful mom and your kids are blessed to have you! glad your day was perfect:)