Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a week.

Last week was insane. Beyond insane. No words to describe the insanity.

I could try. I could make an attempt, at least, to explain the madness of my week, but I’m afraid you would tire of reading after the hundredth paragraph or so. So, here’s my short and sweet version. Hold on. Here we go.

Tuesday: Jeb and I were in a car accident. We still aren’t sure what actually happened. My 4-Runner got some pretty extensive damage to the front bumper. Other car, totaled. To say I was shaken up doesn’t really scratch the surface. I cried all day. Seriously. All day. I was very sore after, but little man never missed a beat. God is awesome.

Thursday: Received a call that Grandpa was in ICU in Russellville after an abnormal EKG at his doctor’s office. Gigi came and got the kids, and we rushed down. His heart rate continued to dip into the 40’s throughout the night.

Friday: Grandpa was doing better, still, doctor felt it best to keep him in ICU. We called Gigi and asked her to meet us in Alma with the kids. The plan was to pick them up and bring them back to Russellville. On the way, I lost feeling in my fingers on my right hand… then my right arm… then my right leg… then the back of the right side of my head… then decided I couldn’t breathe. Matt rushed me to the Ozark ER. (Who even knew Ozark had a hospital??) After asking me if aneurysms run in my family, the doctor ordered a ton of tests, including CT scan, all of which turned out normal. The doctor’s conclusion is that the symptoms had something to do with “nerve damage” as a result of Tuesday’s wreck. But before she let us go, she added, “…Unless it’s a small brain bleed which wouldn’t show up on the CT.” Awesome. Thanks for that little addendum.

Grandpa is better now. They let him out on Sunday, and it’s a good thing, too, because he was ready to bust loose with or without the doctor’s ok. They still are unsure about the reason for the heart abnormalities, but he will undergo a stress test this week to try and pin down the cause. He is nearly 89 and has had four heart attacks, yet, on Monday he "got his tractor buried up in the mud and had to get a tow." Yes, I'm serious. Don't all 89 year olds deal with stuff like that?

I’m sure I will have more to say about these events at a later time. But for tonight, I am praying for a stress-free, happy week, everyone-I-love-is-healthy kind of week.


Erica said...

Oh my gosh Angela! Wow! I am praying for you and your family right now and I will all week. Hang in there. He will never leave you or forsake you.

April, Steve & Lowery said...

I was wondering how you guys were - I knew through Facebook a lot of stuff was happening but wasn't sure on the details. Of course people are praying and God is always working. It seems like Satan is throwing a lot at you guys right now but stay strong and remember that there will be a victory at the end of these trying times!

Jeremy, Angela and Haley said...

Angela! You did have a week!! Ugghh - lots of prayers *and hugs* coming your way from the Little Rock you!


Brandy Matchett said...

glad everyone is doing better. Dad was telling me sunday that grandpa was in the hospital and we went to the cafe and everyone was asking about him. Dad was saying that he was going to go visit him in the hospital and a few mins later...he walked in. He (earl) said he tried to eat the hospital food but it wasnt any good so he was ready for some good food. Thought it was funny that the cafe was his first stop out of the hospital.