Recent Posts

Monday, December 28, 2009

Kitchen Re-do: SUCCESS

Several people have asked me if we have our kitchen finished yet. I LOVE that people care about my kitchen. Thank you so much for asking or wondering! And the answer is... it is 99.9% finished. I need to find a few rugs and a few more accessories, but for the most part, yes it is done. PRAISE THE LORD! This is the second kitchen Matt and I have "re-made" together, and both times it was quite the undertaking... especially re-doing cabinets. SO worth it, but just a chore! But if I loved the cabinets we did in the Siloam house, I am CRAZY IN LOVE with these cabinets. (Thanks again, Kirsten, for all your instructions. You are precious.)

One day, we will change the countertops... maybe. For right now, I am very happy and content with things as they are. I wish I would have been more on the ball and taken better "BEFORE" pictures. I pulled one of Jeb from the archives, and the others are a few I took after Matt started on the backsplash. And let me just say that everything we did was extremely inexpensive. I didn't exactly pick my 'dream' anything. I picked things I liked and that we could afford. I made the curtains and waited until all the accessories I liked were 50% off at Hobby Lobby. So, you don't have to spend a fortune on a room re-do. It can be done on a tight budget! (Oh... but an extremely handy husband IS required.)

BEFORE





AFTER






12 comments:

Sarah Ward said...

It looks sooo good Ang! I love the cabinets too! WAY to go!!

Sara @ It's Good to be Queen said...

WOW. I am in love with those cabinets!! Y'all did SUCH a good job. It all looks so great!

Erica said...

Awesome! I feel inspired now! We've been in our house 7 months now and I'm feeling ready for the kitchen re-do myself. We did get all new appliances, but the rest is still undone. I'm mostly worried about the cabinets. I'm just not real crafty or handy! You guys did great!

Steph said...

I am so jealous, I love your kitchen!! You did such an awesome job!!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw the title of your blog on someones sidebar and had to check it out. Your cabinets look amazing! I was just wondering what products you used and how you did it? My email is jscott2004@windstream.net

Kirsten Blowers said...

ahhhhh! Love Love Love it!

Superchikk said...

Love it! Good job!

Chris said...

OMGosh, OMGOSH, I love it! Looks just like you, will you come and do mine? I love the refrig! OMGosh, I love it!!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

It's beautiful!

Documenting A Dead Beat Dad said...

Beautiful job gang! I love the kitchen - looks like "right out of a magazine"!!
By the way, I left Facebook (lots of reasons..)
Anyway, I think you have the address for my adoption blog {Lasiter Pack} and my email is angela.lasiter@roomtoread.org. I still want to keep in touch!!!

Karey Turnipseed said...

Love, love, love the black cabinets.

Annie said...

K, I have to ask...how did you do the cabinets? I'm getting ready to redo the kid's bathroom and will be attempting to change the wonderfully light oak cabinets to dark... possibly black....I'm scared! Tips?