Recent Posts

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Be still my heart.

I found this heart today after Belle went to school. She left it in a place she knew I'd find it. I always thought if I had the opportunity to see some of the timeless works of art from the great ones--Picasso, Michelangelo, Da Vinci--it would probably bring me to tears. This morning, I had no need to see the famous paintings of the world. Her heart was the most moving work of art my eyes will ever see, and I was actually able to hold it in my hand. How amazing.

It requires a bit of translation. My artist is only a first grader.

FRONT: "I love you so much Mommy"

BACK: "You are cute. You are a good mom. I dode no how old you are?"

When I read "You are a good mom," be still my heart. No words could sound more precious than those, coming literally from the heart of my child. And then how can you beat "You are cute," followed closely by, "I dode no how old you are." Just perfect. I love my Ava Isabelle.

1 comments:

Nel said...

How sweet! Janice used to do things like that, in fact I have one in my bible... Just a note and it says "I love you mom, you are the best!" She was around 5 or 6 when she wrote it. It still brings tears to my eyes! Treasure these moments... and hold onto the little things... when she is grown and has kids of her own, they will still bless your heart!
Thanks for sharing!